Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Brutality at Bangalore


Update (6.10.2005): Thanks to an e-mail from a friend, I just learnt that other newspapers have also picked it up: Economic Times and Deccan Herald

A nasty and brutal treatment was meted out to Nimish Adani (an alumnus of IT-BHU and IIM-Lucknow) in Bangalore Railway Station by none other than the Railway Police themselves; he recounted it all in his letter that has been posted on quite a few blogs (e.g., Animesh Pathak, SciAn).

Today, Mr. Yogesh Upadhyaya informs me that it has been reported in the Bangalore edition of ToI. Here is the link.

I sincerely hope Nimish will get justice.

Mr. Upadhaya is trying to take it up with officials at many levels, and alert a few NGOs, including human rights watchdog groups. If any of you can provide pointers, please send a mail to me.

3 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I was appalled to see the note in my mailbox. The incident shows so much deliberate planning which is very unsettling to think about.

  2. Anonymous said...

    I too was shocked, I thought North was the home of such things. Certainly never thought it would happen in Bangalore!

  3. Abi said...

    Selva, Mridula: Thanks for your comments.

    There is an update that I have posted. The police have taken some action.